Since 2009, the Social Impact Award program has been promoting the knowledge and practice of social entrepreneurship among students in Europe and beyond. This year, the Social Impact Award falls under the scope of the Collaborate for Impact project and is being financed by the European Union.
The Social Impact Award works to raise awareness for social entrepreneurship by offering an educational program guiding from vague intentions to a social venture, giving access to networks of peers & professionals and directly supporting the most promising ventures.
In 2021, 10 teams were selected to pass through an incubation phase and undergo professional consultancy at Impact Hub Yerevan. 1 out of these 10 will receive seed funding of EUR 1,500 and the opportunity to participate in the Social Impact Award global summit.
The four main areas of the program include:
- Awareness – Create awareness around social entrepreneurship as a potential career.
- Education – Provide the youth with the necessary input to found a social enterprise.
- Community – Enable the youth to get feedback from experts and peers.
- Support – Support the youth with know-how, incubation, and seed funding.
Check out more on the program website.
- Raise greater awareness of social entrepreneurship in Armenia and in the region
- Support students, youth and early-stage social entrepreneurs in developing and implementing innovative business solutions to tackle societal challenges
- Aid the development of entrepreneurial skills through exposure to the field
- Support the best teams with financial capital and active support throughout the year
- Connect participants with an international community of entrepreneurs, peers, and experts