Financed by the European Union, this year, the Social Impact Award falls under the scope of the Collaborate for Impact project. The CFI, in turn, is being implemented by the European Venture Philanthropy Association (EVPA) in partnership with Impact Hub Yerevan in Armenia. EVPA is the leading European organization in the field of venture philanthropy and social investment Impact Hub is a space for social innovation and a community with a mission to support social impact projects and enterprises in Armenia.
Since 2009, the Social Impact Award program has been promoting the knowledge and practice of social entrepreneurship among students in Europe and beyond.
This is being achieved by raising awareness for social entrepreneurship, offering an educational program guiding from vague intentions to a social venture, giving access to networks of peers & professionals and directly supporting the most promising ventures.
In 2021, 10 teams were selected to pass through an incubation phase and undergo professional consultancy at Impact Hub Yerevan. 4 out of these 10 will receive seed funding of EUR 1,500 and the opportunity to participate in the Social Impact Award global summit.
The four main areas of the program include:
- Awareness – Create awareness around social entrepreneurship as a potential career.
- Education – Provide the youth with the necessary input to found a social enterprise.
- Community – Enable the youth to get feedback from experts and peers.
- Support – Support the youth with know-how, incubation, and seed funding.
Check out more on the program website.
- Raise greater awareness of social entrepreneurship in Armenia and in the region
- Support students, youth, and early-stage social entrepreneurs in developing and implementing innovative business solutions to tackle societal challenges
- Aid the development of entrepreneurial skills through exposure to the field
- Support the best teams with financial capital and active support throughout the year
- Connect participants with an international community of entrepreneurs, peers, and experts
If you are between the ages of 15 – 30 and have an amazing idea that has the potential to be a successful social venture, then this is the project for you!
During the program, you will be given a set of tools including education, support, consultation, and a strong support network.
You might become one of the 10 selected project ideas that will compete for 1,500 EUR and the opportunity to participate in this year’s Social Impact Award Global Summit!